1. I am concerned when I hear people advise someone to deed their home and property over to their family to prevent the nursing home from taking them, should they ever have to be admitted to one. This would place the financial burden on the State and on the Taxpayers. Would this be acceptable in God's sight even if it is legal to do so? 2. In your studies of the Scriptures, can you please explain to me how that John the Baptist in Luke 1:15 was filled with the Holy Spirit from his mother's womb, and this filling seemed to be without means (i.e. the word of God)? 3. Where did the people go that died before Jesus died on the cross? 4. As I "study to show myself approved," I see passages such as Isaiah 43:10-11; 44:6, and many others that say things very similar to these, proclaiming that there is only ONE true "God" and that there are no others. How do you reconcile your doctrine about the three separate persons in one "godhead" with scriptural proclamations of this sort? 5. I have a question that keeps me wondering if God forgives people who are in prison and if He loves us and accounts us as one of His children when we make a choice to turn to Him as a believer of Christ Jesus for forgiveness of our sins, and eternal life in heaven?
1. Isn't 2 Peter 2:20 a warning to those who know the way of salvation and still reject it? Just as there is no conceivable way for a dog or a hog to become a sheep except to be born again, the gospel must be believed and obeyed. 2. When Jesus taught the parable of the leavening of the bread and compared heaven to the leavening of bread, what did He mean? (Mt. 13:33). 3. Should a minister of the church of Christ receive payment to officiate a wedding or funeral for someone who is a member of the church? If this is a personal choice, could the minister refuse to officiate if the payment being offered is less than they wish to receive? 4. Is it scriptural for a Christian to pray for rain? 5. When God casts those on His left side down to hell after the judgement to be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, will He at that time completely blot the lost out of His mind and remember them no more as He did the sins of the saved? 6. Some teach that the phrase "baptized into Christ" (Gal. 3:27) refers to the "one baptism" (Eph. 4:4-6) by which in the "one Spirit" the believer is baptized at the moment of regeneration into the "one body" of Christ (1 Cor. 2:12,13). Please comment.
1. My son is consumed by thoughts of the paranormal and ghosts. He says that Christianity as we know it will be upset because it will not be long before there is proof of aliens and life on other planets. He wants me to tell him why it wouldn't hurt Christianity. Please help me answer him. 2. I believe confession does not provide a reason for salvation but proves its reality. I am saved, therefore, I make confession of the fact (Rom. 10:9-10). Please comment. 3. Can you please discuss the current "sexting" problem that has become so shockingly popular among teens? 4. Why does it seem that so many spouses are having "mid-life crises" and separating or divorcing their mates after many years of marriage?
1. Should we celebrate the birthday of Christ on Christmas? 2. Please explain Luke 5:36-39. 3. Was there ever a time in the history of the Israelites when they actually took possession of the entire "promised land" or will this be accomplished at the second coming of Christ? 4. Could you please address the need to express our gratitude to God for our food at mealtime?
1. Is it ever right for a preacher to call those he instructs, "My disciples?" 2. Could you please discuss those with physical disabilities who were not allowed to enter the tabernacle or temple and why? 3. Can more than one preacher be supported in one congregation? Would there be any reason why this would be a matter of expediency? 4. Is it Scriptural that after having enough Biblical evidence that one could warn others of the error of a false teacher without having personally gone to him first? 5. Please explain 1 Corinthians 13:12 in light of 1 Corinthians 13:8? Is this referring to our personal perfection which is achieved by grace?
1. Which generation is "this generation" in Matthew 24:34? Can it refer to "this race of people" referring to the Jews? 2. Why pray if God already knows what we need? 3. What are some keys to effective prayer? 4. Why do people end their prayers with "amen"? 5. When do we receive our resurrected bodies?
1. Does the baptism in 1 Corinthians 12:12,13 refer to water baptism or Holy Spirit baptism? 2. Does 2 Peter 3:8 reveal how God looks at time? 3. Did God give the human writers of the Bible the actual words He wanted them to use, or did He just give them thoughts to express in their own words? 4. Should Christians use In Vitro Fertilization?
1. I believe that salvation begins at the moment of conversion and continues for all eternity. If you believe that a Christian can lose his salvation, would you please address the following passages: John 5:24, 1 Cor. 1:8, and Jude 24? 2. What about the practice of infant baptism? Is it Scriptural? 3. Does John 7:53 through John 8:11 belong in our Bibles? 4. Did Mary know that Jesus was the Messiah? If so, why did Jesus' brothers not believe in him initially? 5. Why do preachers in churches of Christ not call their preachers Reverend or Pastor?
1. Does God have a special someone for most of us to marry? 2. How could Jesus die since He was God? 3. Should Christians attend the Bible classes of the church? 4. Is it right for a Christian to serve on a jury? 5. In Ephesians 2:8, does the pronoun "it" refer to grace, faith, or salvation? 6. How are we to honor our parents (Eph. 6:1)? 7. Does the Bible say anything about a great apostasy?
1. Is it wrong for a Church of Christ to put names of the members in a basket and then members draw out a name during church services to pray for that person all week? 2. Are natural laws, which God uses to provide for man, kept under control by the word of God and its power, according to 2 Pet. 3:5-7? If so, would the providence of God still happen "through His word", if God's Word governs providence? Would this mean that nothing in the natural realm would happen separate and apart from God's word (except of course, when man sins)? 3. Please explain Romans 6:1. Why would someone want to continue in sin that grace may abound? 4. If suicide is wrong, why did God bless Samson for doing it? 5. What does the Bible say about abusive relationships?
1. In 1 Timothy 5:23, was Paul recommending wine-drinking for Christians? 2. Is it true that Jesus was not born in the year 1 A.D.? 3. What are the different names of God and what do they mean? 4. What about passages like Acts 2:21 that link being saved with calling on the name of the Lord? Isn't that a reference to the Sinner's Prayer? 5. Are preachers in the church of Christ licensed or ordained to preach?
1. Please explain Matthew 3:11. Is the promise of the baptism of the Holy Spirit for all Christians? What is the baptism of fire? 2. When someone leads others in a a public prayer, shouldn't he use plural pronouns rather than say, "I pray"? 3. Does the Bible address the subject of wearing tattoos? 4. If a person misses worship on Sunday morning and attends worship that evening, are they obligated to partake of the Lord's Supper when it is offered that night? 5. A growing number of churches are now offering what they call traditional and contemporary worship and are posting a different time for each. Would you please comment on this practice?
1. Can Satan read our minds? 2. Is the practice of having a marriage annulled found in the Scriptures? 3. In Ephesians 3:5, how could the mystery of Christ be hidden in previous ages and yet unknown by the Old Testament prophets? 4. Could you please address the following statement from what is known as the Philadelphia Confession of Faith: "God hath decreed in himself from all eternity by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will freely and unchangeable, all things whatsoever come to pass." (Philadelphia Confession of Faith, ch. 6, para. 2-4). 5. Is it sinful to combine the prayers for the bread and cup in the Lord's Supper into one prayer?
1. Does the original version of 2 Corinthians 9:13 really mean "single mindedness" or "fellowship" instead of liberal sharing and was this sign of fellowship that they not only shared with the Jerusalem saints but overall with all saints? 2. I am having doubts about my marriage being scriptural because my husband before we were married and just after we married said his first wife cheated on him. I have since met his first wife, and she says she did not cheat on him. What should I do; divorce and remarry, stay married, or end this relationship so that I do not jeopardize my soul's salvation? 3. Does man have the power to believe or does God give faith? 4. Was Jesus nailed to the cross before or after its elevation? 5. Can one be forgiven of God if he does not forgive others?
1. Did Nicodemus become a disciple of Christ? 2. What can I do to guide my children in the right way? It almost seems hopeless with all of the bad influences upon them. 3. It is true that there is no exception to divorce as it is spoken of in Matthew 19:9 because the original Greek Text and its meaning was corrupted by Erasmus in his Greek New Testament? 4. Why is John's baptism called the "baptism of repentance?"
1. How may Christians quench the Spirit? 2. Can we pray that God will punish those who have done evil to us so that they reap severe consequences for their actions? 3. I have been very wicked. I would like to be Christian but I wonder if God would forgive some of the sins I have committed? 4. Why do preachers in the church of Christ preach from the Old Testament? 5. What is the New Testament meaning of "sheol"?
1. Does First Thessalonians 4:13-17 teach the doctrine of the Rapture as taught by many today? 2. Why did God hate Esau? Was it Esau's fault? 3. Are the gospels of more value than the epistles? 4. Is a baby a sinner and in need of being baptized? 5. Is it Scriptural to request a letter of recommendation from a Christian who has moved from another congregation and desires to work and worship with us?
1. How is it possible that we shall all rise again with the same bodies we possessed while upon the earth?; 2. Are those who claim to speak in tongues today doing what the Apostles did when they spoke in tongues?; 3. When can we expect the Lord's kingdom to be established on earth?; 4. How is it that the Greek word for Sabbath is found in Acts 20:7 and why was it not translated? Did they meet on the Sabbath rather than Sunday?
1. Is it God's will that people be killed for certain crimes?; 2. Does a Christian have to attend the public worship services of the church to be pleasing to God?; 3. I want so much for my husband to obey the Lord. What can I do to help him become a Christian?; 4. Is it true that Christ died for only a few people and that only these can be saved and others cannot?; 5. I have a friend who is always saying bad and unkind things about other people in my presence. What can I do?
1. What is wrong with clapping your hands to the music in church?; 2. Does First John 3:9 teach sinless perfection?; 3. Do you believe the Bible teaches a renovated earth to come where the saints shall live?; 4. If Mary did not remain a virgin and had other children, why should Jesus, dying on the cross, have intrusted his Mother to the care of John rather than to them? (John 19:26-27).
1. Isn't it true that God is pleased with our worship just so long as we are sincere?; 2. What does it mean in 1 John 1:7 when it says to "walk in the light?"; 3. How could the law of Moses command a rape victim to marry her rapist? (Deut. 22:28-29); 4. Will everyone be resurrected at the same time?; 5. I know that I should talk to others about their soul and teach them the gospel, but I am afraid. How can I overcome my fear?
1. How will the meek inherit the earth (Mt. 5:5)?; 2. How could the dying thief be with Christ in paradise on the day of his death?; 3. Please discuss the amount of religious teaching a parent should do in the home?; 4. Do you pray for the lost?; 5. Are there inspired apostles and prophets today?; 6. How do you start studying the Bible if you've never studied it before?
1. Why do some Bibles have some words in Italics?; 2. How much time elapsed between the first two verses of Genesis 1?; 3. What is unequally yoked (2 Cor. 6:14)?; 4. Does God allow us to hunt and kill animals?; 5. What does "this rock" in Matthew 16:18?
1. How can one God be three persons?; 2.What does "here I raise my Ebenezer" mean in the familiar hymn?; 3. My question is about 1 Corinthians 15:29. In that Scripture it refers to baptisms for the dead. My personal belief is that those who have not had a chance to hear the gospel in this life, will have the chance in the next life? ; 4. What is meant by bearing the marks of the Lord Jesus in Galatians 6:17?; 5. I am worried about the over use of the case of the weak brother in the book of Romans and First Corinthians to bind anything and everything on brethren. Can you please address this?; 6.Why did the disciples think the man was born blind because of his sins or his parent's sins?
1. Please explain how faith and works go together in the Christian life?; 2. In Mark 11:13-14, Jesus cursed a fig tree which had leaves but no figs, and verse 13 says "for it was not the season for figs." If that was the case, why did Jesus get so angry at the tree? ; 3. Is 1 Corinthians 13 our only defense against those who argue that miraculous spiritual gifts still occur today? 4. What does Jesus do for us in heaven today? ; 5. Are there some things in the Bible that are just Paul's opinion like 1 Corinthians 7:12?
1. Can you help me understand the doctrine of election?; 2. Is repentance something man does or does God grant it to man? 3. If you are not happy in your marriage, what is wrong with getting a divorce? A person shouldn't have to live their life unhappy, should they?; 4. Will God forgive me for repeating the same sin over and over?; 5.Why is it wrong to call anyone father? (Mt. 23:9)
1. Why did Jesus speak of Himself as "Son of Man?"; 2. How can I better deal with my grief over the loss of my spouse?; 3. In our congregation, there are a group of women who participate in a secret sister program that they call "Servant Sisters." In some ways it is like any other "secret sister" program where they just exchange gifts, but they also organize particular events in the congregation like senior breakfasts and have get-togethers that exclude anyone who does not participate in the group. Is a program like this Scriptural? ; 4. Can you tell me what is the real reason for being baptized?; 5. Does the Holy Spirit lay anything on our hearts today?; 6. What is the gift of the Holy Ghost?
1. Is it wrong for a man and a woman to live together as husband and wife when they are not married?; 2.What does the Bible say about submission in marriage?; 3.When is it time to leave a local congregation? How should one leave a local congregation? What are the steps or formal process that should guide one when he is contemplating leaving? Also, will the circumstances dictate how one should leave?; 4. Can you please discuss the differences between communism and what Christians practiced in Acts 2:44,45?; 5. What does the word "Selah" mean in the Psalms?; 6. In 1 Corinthians 14:34 and 1 Timothy 2:11-12, isn't it that case that Paul cannot be addressing women who were in the ministry, but rather those in the congregation who were out of order?
1. If Eve was created from a rib, wouldn't all men have one less rib?; 2.Please explain Mark 11:22-24 as it applies to the Christian today. I know that we cannot literally move mountains by faith, so what does this mean?; 3. What does the Bible say about dinosaurs?; 4. How can I overcome bitterness?; 5. Does the Bible tell us to celebrate "Holy Week?"
1. Is healing provided in the atonement?; 2. If we are not to live under the 10 commandments today, does this mean we can steal, lie, or commit adultery? Please explain.; 3. If the only law put to death with Jesus was the law of Moses, why does the Church of Christ refuse to obey Psalm 150?; 4. I obeyed the gospel at a young age, but now I understand a lot more about what it takes to be a disciple of Christ. Should I be re-baptized? 5.Why is unleavened bread used in the Lord's Supper?; 6. How do you get back to your first love for Christ?
1. Is it right to use the word Christian as an adjective as it is with the following: Christian school, Christian home, Christian journal, etc.?; 2. Are church sponsored day-cares and "Mother's Day Out" programs scriptural works?; 3. How was Jesus tempted like as we are?; 4. My husband and I have made a major decision and a very difficult one to leave the congregation where we are now serving the Lord. The minister is the only one making decisions. There are no elders, no leadership, and no meetings of the brethren in the decision-making process. Must we inform this brother personally that we are leaving or write to the membership? Should we just say we are leaving or just give a general statement?; 5. Does one have their own "Guardian angel?" I hear a lot of people talk of their Guardian Angel helping them in different situations. Also, if we do, does this angel ever appear to one in different ways?
1. Should the church practice foot washing today?; 2. May a believer consume alcohol?; 3. Is there a type of lying that is okay and another type that is sinful?; 4. How can James 1:13 say that God does not tempt anyone? Weren't Adam and Eve tempted in the Garden of Eden?
1. If Jesus was God, how could he have learned obedience and been made perfect (Heb. 5:8)? I thought that God is already perfect and already knows everything.; 2. Recently on the program it was said that the words "liberal distribution" of 2 Corinthians 9:13 could mean "fellowship." Wouldn't the text then read "for your fellowship with them and all men" and imply spiritual fellowship (which the church cannot have) with non-saints?; 3. Can a Christian believe in astrology?; 4. My wife and I argue a lot. We seem to be getting further apart. How can we stop fussing?
1. Who are the 144,000 described in Revelation 7:1-8?; 2. Should I have my baby baptized?; 3. Can you please discuss shouting in worshiping God?; 4. Why is it so difficult to teach other people the gospel? What are some ways to make it easier?
1.What kind of criteria should I utilize when I select my friends?; 2. I have heard that another member of the church has said some bad things about me. I have told the preacher and asked him to handle it. Is this the right approach?; 3. How did the different books of the Bible get their names?; 4. Should we be boastful about our accomplishments? 5. How can some people separate religion from the rest of their lives and worship God on Sunday and live like the Devil the rest of the week?
1. Are shut-ins no longer required to partake of the Lord's Supper since they are physcially unable to attend worship services? 2, A letter to the editor of a local newspaper recently said that Daniel 11:41-44 describes what is happening in Egypt and Libya in 2011 and that this is the beginning of the Bible prophecy of Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39. Please comment. 3. Please address the current problem of text messaging on cell phones during Bible class and worship? 4. How do you know that the Bible is divine rather than human in origin? 5. Could you explain the use of the word repent in 1 Samuel 15:11,29. Does God repent?
1. Why do people end their prayers with the word "amen?" 2. Can Christians lose their salvation? 3. Must I forgive those who refuse to repent? 4. Is it scriptural to speak of clergy and of lay people? 5. Is a 10 percent tithe required for New Testament believers?
1. How can I keep from holding a grudge against someone who has stolen my girlfriend? 2. Was Melchizedek a preincarnate appearance of Christ? 3. Did Mary know Jesus was the Messiah? If so, why didn't his brothers believe in Him? 4. By describing death as falling asleep, did Jesus teach that conscious existence ends at the moment of death in John 11:11-14? 5. My husband is very jealous of me to the point of being overbearing and paranoid. What can I do?
1. Why did God give an imperfect law -- the law of Moses? 2. How would you explain God's providence? 3. Please discuss on your program the sin of gossiping or tale-bearing? 4. I once sinned publicly and it was known all over town what I did. I repented of it, but I am wondering what I can do to try to salvage my reputation? 5. What does Paul mean in Titus 1:15 when he says, "to the pure all things are pure?"
1. I baby-sit for two families who are members where I attend. They do not attend regularly on Sunday night, and I have seen alcohol in their houses. As a Christian, I have a deep concern for their souls and am not sure how to handle this. What are your suggestions? 2. I know the Bible says we are to give upon the first day of the week but we have some members who give a lump sum and then do not give any more until several months later. Is this wrong? 3. My ex-wife and I have been divorced for around three years now. She had met someone else and committed adultery. I went on my way and while angry at God, I moved someone in with me. Now, my ex-wife and I have talked about getting back together. I know I can re-marry, but can she re-marry me? 4. Many times we have heard you call upon the name of Jesus, instead of His true name of YESHUA. We wonder, why the difference? Did you not know his given name? All of the Jewish Bibles list Him as YESHU, not Jesus. 5. Can a person take bankruptcy (Chapter 7) to wipe out all his debts and be a Christian?
1. Is repentance just confessing your sins? 2. Is it okay to call preachers "pastor" if they are not an elder? Some have talked about the word "feedeth"in 1 Corinthians 9:7 and how it is used in connection to gospel preaching and have concluded that there may be a realm in which a preacher may be called a "pastor." 3. When a person misses worship service to entertain company, or go visiting, or to go to a sporting event, or works, is that not a public sin and does not he or she need to make a public confession? 4. Did God-fearing people in the Old Testament have hope in a resurrection and know anything about eternal life? 5. Will there be two separate resurrections or just one?
1. Often in the church a preacher will be referred to as "THE" minister for such and such congregation, however, aren't all Christians ministers in some form? Is it Scriptural to refer to the preacher as "THE" minister? 2. If God foreknew that I was to be lost forever, why then did He create me? 3. If a man is serving as an elder and his wife dies, does that disqualify him as an elder? 4. Is it really possible to love one's enemies?
1. What is the abomination of desolation mentioned in Matthew 24:15? 2. How could the Patriarchs have lived so long? 3. What is godly sorrow and worldly sorrow? 4. Is it against Bible principles to vote? 5. My anxiety is affecting my health, family, and work. Where do I turn?
1. A friend of mine has drifted away from God. He says he was raised to believe that God chooses who will be saved, and he figures God didn't choose Him. Can you help me understand this? Do we choose God, or does God choose us? 2. Should Christians tell potential believers to, "Ask Jesus into your heart"? 3. What is meant by "the desire of all nations" in Haggai 2:6-7? 4. Does Ephesians 4:11 indicate that there are apostles today?
1. May the church help those in need who are not Christians with funds from the church? Who supported the families of Jesus' disciples when they followed Him? 3. The Sabbath Day is the 7th day and on Saturday; so why do we go to church on Sunday? 4. Are children conceived in sin and lost? (Psalm 51:5) 5. What about hand-clapping in worship? 6. Does the Bible make a distinction between Israel and the church? 7. Is James 5:3 in error because gold cannot rust?
1.What do you mean by restoring Christianity? 2. For years, I have struggled with my mother-in-law and have grown to really dislike her. How can I improve my attitude towards her? 3. Is it true that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone on account of Christ alone? 4. Are the angels male or female? 5. Is it right for a retired couple to get a divorce in man's eyes, but continue to live together so that they can get more social security? 6. Has God told us whether a still-born infant has a living soul? What does the Bible say to a mother whose baby never breathed? 14. Please explain Ephesians 5:20. How can we give thanks always for everything?
1. Why was Jesus baptized since he had no sin? 2. Is the righteousness of Christ transferred to us so that we might be justified in the eyes of God? 3. Please discuss the following statement: "The phrase 'baptized into Christ' (Gal. 3:27), refers to the 'one baptism' by which in the 'one Spirit' the believer is baptized at the moment of regeneration into the 'one body,' that is, the body of Christ" (1 Cor. 12:12,13; Eph. 4:4-6)? 4. Should we pray "thy kingdom come" today? 5. Is it ever morally permissible to lie? 6. What is meant by the words in Romans 5:10, "We shall be saved by his life"? I thought we were saved by the death of Christ rather than by His life?
1. Must elders explain their decisions to the church? 2. I know the Bible says I'm forgiven but my conscience says I am not. What shall I do? 3. How often should I forgive someone who has sinned against me? 4. Do you believe that we are living in the last days? 5. Do demons possess people today as in Bible times? 6. Is reincarnation Biblical?
1. My wife committed adultery, and I divorced her. Now we have been talking about getting back together again. Can we re-marry? 2. Is it a sin for a Christian to marry outside of Christ? 3. Does Matthew 6:33 apply to the context of that chapter only? 4. What is meant by Mark 10:31? 5. When a person is saved and his name is written in God's book of life, would God ever take a person's name out of His book in which He had written? 6. Why do we need to pray if God already knows what we need?
1. Is it a sin to sing during the offering? What about congregations that practice this? 2. Please explain 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12. Does God send a strong delusion to some people to condemn them and send the gospel to others to save them? 3. What is the one baptism of Ephesians 4:5?
1. Does praying for someone overrule the exercise of their own free will? 2.Why doesn't God answer my prayers? What is wrong? 3. How can I encourage a young person who is my neighbor and who often comes to visit me? She is not a Christian and does not come from a Christian home? 4. Can we definitely prove that Christ was raised from the dead on the first day of the week? How can Matthew 28:1 say it was still the Sabbath at the dawn of the next day? 5. Are there Biblical examples of depression and how to deal with it? 6. Can you help me to understand Philippians 3:2-3?
1. How should the Christian view Christmas? 2. I was previously married and had an affair with a woman whom I eventually married. I have undergone a lot of soul searching, and conviction, and have decided to leave my second wife because I feel I am in an adulteress marriage. Could you please offer some insight into the situation? 3. Is it wrong to hunt and eat the meat? 4. Is being "slain in the Spirit" consistent with the Bible? 5. In what sense would the apostles do greater works than Jesus did? 6. When did Jesus have His beginning? Did God create Him when He was born in Bethlehem?
Note: The audio files
on this page may be downloaded to play on your computer
or your media player. Some computers will download the file
if you left click the word "audio." Others require
you to right click on the word "audio" and select an option that
allows you to download the file to your computer.